|COLONEL PAUL R. WIETBROCK|
Colonel Paul R. Wietbrock is deputy commander of the 931st Air Refueling Group, McConnell Air Force Base, Kan. The Group reports to 4th Air Force, March Air Reserve Base, Calif., and is an Air Force Reserve KC-135 Stratotanker associate unit working alongside the 22nd Air Refueling Wing at McConnell AFB. In conjunction with the 22nd ARW, the 931st ARG supports Air Mobility Command's worldwide air refueling mission, meeting the air refueling needs of all U.S. Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and selected allied nations' aircraft. Additionally, they supplement AMC's strategic airlift capability. Members of the 931st ARG are engaged in a cross section of combat support services for all U.S. military branches in times of peace, war and national emergency within the United States and abroad.
Colonel Wietbrock was commissioned in 1986 through the Reserve Officer Training Corps. He served on active duty for 12 years before joining the Air Force Reserve in 1998. The colonel has served in a number of capacities, to include Tanker Operations Coordinator for Headquarters, Joint Task Force Southwest Asia, as well as commander of the 74th Air Refueling Squadron, "The Fighting Red Tags," at Grissom Air Reserve Base, Ind.
Colonel Wietbrock is a Command Pilot with more than 5,000 hours, 92 combat sorties and 87 combat support sorties. While on active duty, he flew in support of operations DESERT SHIELD and DESERT STORM. As a reservist he has been activated five times in support of operations ALLIED FORCE, NOBLE EAGLE, ENDURING FREEDOM and IRAQI FREEDOM.
1986 Bachelor of Science degrees in Professional Pilot Technology/Aviation Administration, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Ind.
1995 Squadron Officer School, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1996 Master of Science degree in Aerospace Science, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
2005 Air Command and Staff College - Joint, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala., Correspondence
2008 Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala., Correspondence
1. November 1986 - November 1987, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. January 1988 - June 1988, Student, KC-135A Combat Crew Training, Castle AFB, Calif.
3. June 1988 - June 1990, Pilot KC-135A, 92nd Air Refueling Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
4. June 1990 - April 1991, Senior Stan/ Eval Pilot, 92nd Bombardment Wing, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
5. April 1991 - June 1991, Aircraft Commander KC-135R Upgrade Training, Castle AFB, Calif.
6. June 1991 - January 1993, Aircraft Commander KC-135R, 43rd Air Refueling Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
7. January 1993 - May 1993, Pilot Instructor Training T-38A, Randolph AFB, Texas
8. May 1993 - November 1994, Instructor Pilot T-38A, 50th Flying Training Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
9. November 1994 - June 1995, Assistant Flight Commander T-38A, 50th FTS, Columbus AFB, Miss.
10. June 1995 - March 1996, Flight Commander T-38A, 50th FTS, Columbus AFB, Miss.
11. March 1996 - October 1996, Mission Employment Officer, 319th Air Refueling Wing, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
12. October 1996 - November 1996, KC-135R Requalification Training, Altus AFB, Okla.
13. November 1996 - January 1997, Aircraft Commander, 906th Air Refueling Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
14. January 1997 - April 1997, Tanker Operations Coordinator, Headquarters Joint Task Force Southwest Asia, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
15. April 1997 - February 1998, Aircraft Commander Training Section, 906th Air Refueling Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
16. February 1998 - August 2002, Aircraft Commander, 74th Air Refueling Squadron, Grissom ARB, Ind.
17. August 2002 - May 2005, Flight Commander, 74th Air Refueling Squadron, Grissom ARB, Ind.
18. July 2007- November 2010, Commander 74th Air Refueling Squadron, Grissom ARB, Ind.
19. April 2008 - June 2008, Commander, 90th Expeditionary Refueling Squadron, Incirlik AB, Turkey
20. November 2010 - July 2011, 434th Air Refueling Wing, Operations Group Deputy Commander, Grissom ARB, Ind.
21. August 2011 - November 2011, 434th Air Refueling Wing Operations Group Commander (interim), Grissom ARB, Ind.
22. November 2011 - February 2012, 434th Air Refueling Wing Operations Group Deputy Commander, Grissom ARB, Ind.
23. February 2012 - Present, Deputy Commander, 931st Air Refueling Group, McConnell AFB, Kan.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: 5,000+
Aircraft Flown: T-37A, T38A, KC-135A/R
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award
Combat Readiness Medal with 5 oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one device
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with one device
Southwest Asia Service Medal with two devices
Kosovo Campaign Medal with one device
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with one device
Iraq Campaign Medal with one device
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border and three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Longevity Service Award with two oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with five 'M' devices
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, August 15, 1986
First Lieutenant, August 15, 1988
Captain, August 15, 1990
Major, October 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel, October 1, 2006
Colonel, February 24, 2012
(Current as of April 2013)